137 Main Street
Andover, NJ 07821
Phone: (973) 786-6688
Fax: (973) 786-7231
Hours: Monday - Friday : 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Closed on Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day)
N.J.S.A. 46:8-26 et seq
Landlord registration is required for all rental premises or dwellings with not more than two rental units.
Within 30 days of transfer of ownership the owner must file the appropriate registration with the Municipal Clerk.
Dwellings with more than two units must go to the Bureau of Housing Inspection in the Department of Community Affairs.
Open Public Records Requests:
Application for Pubic Request of Records OPRA -click here
During this state of emergency due to the effects of COVID-19 on office hours and staff, records requests may take additional time to fulfill beyond the 7 business day requirement. We will do our best to fulfill all requests in a timely manner.
Andover Borough Application for Garage Sale- click here
Raffle and Bingo Licensing:·
Applications must be approved by the Governing Body. Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month. Submission for this hearing must be at least 5 business days prior.
Note: Our office will need to see the original organization’s REGISTRATION IDENTIFICATION NUMBER form which you received from the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission. This certificate must not be expired.
1. Please fill out the application for raffle license completely.
Our office needs four (4) copies of the completed application with original signatures on each copy.
Click here for APPLICATION FOR RAFFLE LICENSE
2. Return all copies to the Borough of Andover, 137 Main Street, Andover, NJ 07821.
NOTE: Please ensure the “Name of Applying Organization” matches the exact name of your LGCCC certificate. The Commission will reject your application if names are not identical on the application and/or any sample tickets submitted for review.
3. State Fees: Using the most recent fee schedule, please make your check payable in the correct amount to the LEGALIZED GAMES OF CHANCE CONTROL COMMISSION. Note that each application for raffle license should have its own check, for example, one check for a 50/50 raffle and another for an on premise merchandise raffle.
4. Municipal Fees: An additional check should be issued to “Borough of Andover” for the amount paid to the State. For example, if a $20.00 check is made to the LGCCC, as $20.00 check should be made payable to the “Borough of Andover”.
5. After the raffle has taken place you will need to send a copy of the Report of Raffles to the State Commission (not the municipality) for review by the 15th day of the month following the raffle event.
o Statement of Raffles Equip Supplier Lessor
o Application to Amend a Raffle
o Report of Operations Form with Instructions
o Fee Schedule